Reassigning all of a product's sales history to another product will transfer one product's information on all historical invoices and sales history throughout Boulevard. Reassigning Product History eliminates duplicate items by merging two of the same things with different part numbers (e.g., same color, price, etc. but updated packaging). All on-hand amounts and customer purchase history will automatically be moved from the old part number to the new part number, and the old part number deleted.
- From the Product menu, select Product List (or from the Products - Inventory group on the main toolbar, click Inventory).
- In the search field (also known as Find Panel) type a unique part of the description or part number of the item being eliminated. View
- Select the item, then from the product list toolbar, click Merge. View
- From the Reassign History screen, under To New, click in the field and type a unique part of the description or part number of the newer part number being merged into.
- Select the newer item being kept, then click OK .
- Click Yes to confirm, and OK to acknowledge. View