Items can be placed into a special category in the product list called Archived Product. After moving discontinued retail items (not supplies) into this category, they will no longer be included in reports and searches anywhere in the program except the product list (invoices, orders, etc).
- From the Product menu, select Product List, (or from the Products - Inventory group on the main toolbar, click Inventory).
- Select the checkbox next to each item, then from the product list toolbar, click Archive (or right-click and select Archive Product(s)). If any items being archived have On Hand amounts (negative or positive), a message box will pop up alerting you.
- Click Yes to confirm.
Tip: If you accidentally archived too many items or moved a wrong item to the Archived Product category, see Move Multiple Products at One Time. or if you're on the Product Update Service, you can Load a Full Product List to move all products back into their correct categories.
- Find or Search for Products
- To move a single item to a different category, open the product profile and select from the available options in the Category drop-down. View
- Move Multiple Products at One Time
- Delete Old Products from the Product List (recommended for non-retail/business supply items - such as section 2)