Filter contacts by birth month which uses the date set in the Birthday field set on the Main tab in the contact profile (for filtering purposes, the year is ignored). You can print a report, mailing labels, or send a personalized email directly from the Customer, Unit, or Address lists.
- Access the Birthdays view from any contact list toolbars by selecting Birthdays from the View drop-down.
- From the Filter sidebar, under the Birthday drop-down, select a month (or select Custom to enter a custom date range).
- Continue with the steps below to print as a report or mailing labels or send a group email.
- To print as a report, from the toolbar, select Print, then choose View.
- From the preview window, click to print (or to export as a pdf).
- When finished, to remove the filter set, click Clear Filters, then from the View drop-down, select the Default view (skip this step if you will be printing mailing labels or sending an email).
Tip: Before printing, Right-click on any column header and choose Best Fit (all columns) to adjust the column widths automatically. Or, to hide any columns, right-click on the column header and select Hide This Column. To add additional fields to the view, see Add, Move, or Hide Columns on the Contact Lists.
- Ensure that the Birthday filter is set, then select the checkboxes next to the names to be selected (or the checkbox column header to select all).
- From the toolbar, select Print, then choose Mailing Labels.
- From the Mailing Label Options form, select the following options Label Type, Use Name, and Font, then click OK .
- When finished, to remove the filter set, click Clear Filters, then from the View drop-down, select the Default view (skip this step if you will be printing a report or sending an email).
Note: Ensure your Email Settings have been added in Preferences before proceeding with the instructions below.
- Ensure that the Birthday and Has Email filters are set to ensure you only select contacts with an email listed in the Email 1 field of their profile.
- Click the checkboxes next to the names to be selected (or the checkbox column header to select all).
- From the toolbar, click to launch the message (See Send Personalized Group Email Messages for more information).
- After composing the email, click .
- When finished, to remove the filter set, click Clear Filters, then from the View drop-down, select the Default view (skip this step if you will be printing a report or mailing labels).
A copy of each email message will be added to your email provider's Sent folder. If you use Boulevard's internal email feature, each recipient will have an event logged into their Contact Log that an email message was sent. To view, open their profile and click on the Contact Log tab.View Sample Email
- You can also automatically apply a birthday discount to invoices during a contact's birthday month. Set the option and discount percent in Preferences.
- Not getting the results you expect? See Quick Filters & Column Sort for more information about filters you may have applied and how to remove them.
- 📷 Birthday Images