If you use Boulevard for another industry (other than Mary Kay®), you can build a product list using the template below, then import it into Boulevard.
Download the Template File
Begin by downloading the template to build your product list. The information below explains what type of data can be imported and the format. When finished adding items, save the file then proceed with importing the template file into Boulevard.
Please Note: When adding product information to the template file, the column heading names must not be changed for Boulevard to import it properly.
- SKU: Each product (or service) that will be added to invoices need a unique part number. They can be a combination of alphanumeric, but not special characters and up to 8 characters.
- Description: The item description can be up to 40 characters including spaces and special characters
- Section: Refers to whether the item is a retail item (1) or a business supply (2) not intended for resale. Specify 1 for retail or 2 for business supply.
- Ideal: Used to specify the preferred on hand quantity to be kept in stock.
- Taxable: This is a Yes or No field to specify whether the item or service is taxable.
- Discountable: This is a Yes or No field to specify whether the item is discountable. Usually, if the item is a non-retail business supply it would be considered non-discountable.
- Lot Size: Refers to the quantity included with the item if sold in bundles or packages. The quantity is usually set to 1.
- List Price: The retail cost of the product. This is a currency field and can have up to two decimal places (do not add the currency symbol). For example, if the retail cost of the item is $50.00, enter 50.00.
- On Hand: Refers to your current quantity in stock.
Importing the Template File
- Ensure that the template file is completely closed.
- In Boulevard, from the File menu, select Import, then Products.
- Navigate to the saved template file then double-click to import.
To make additional refinements to the products added, from the Product menu, select Product List (or from the main toolbar, click Inventory). Create custom product categories, assign groups and product lines, and then move products into the product categories of your choice.