Application Settings includes additional customizing options that allow you to choose which contact profile tabs are visible, which is displayed first when opening, and the font size. You can make various changes to Profiles, Lists (Customer, Unit, Address, & Product List), Alerts & Notifications, and apply Skins & Themes. Selecting the Reset All button will return all settings from each tab to the default values. Enable color coding is enabled and used for various colors throughout the application by default. If unchecked, color coding will become disabled, and all text throughout the application will be displayed in Black.
Access Application Settings by going to the Edit menu, selecting Settings, then Application (or from the Contacts group on the main toolbar, click Settings, then Application).
The various options below allow you to choose which tabs are visible on contact profiles and when opening a contact profile, which tab is opened by default, the font size, default language, hide the contact image, or compress the toolbar displayed when opening a profile.
- (1) Visible tabs: By default, all tabs are selected and visible when you open a contact profile. You can choose to uncheck the tabs you would like to hide. Please note that hiding a tab does not remove or delete any of the stored data. View or Watch Quick Video
- (2) Open by Default: By default, when opening a contact profile, the Main tab is first visible. For each contact list (Customer, Unit, and Address), you can choose a different tab to be visible first when opening a profile. View or Watch Quick Video
- (3) Font Size: The default font size for field text on a contact profile is 11px. You can choose to increase or decrease the font size. Please note with smaller screens, scrollbars will become visible if the font size exceeds the viewable area. View or Watch Quick Video
- (4) Language Preference: When creating a new contact profile, choose the default language that is selected. If the contact speaks a different language, you can choose from one of the other options when creating their contact profile (this field will only be displayed on a profile if it is different than the default Language Preference). View or Watch Quick Video
- (5) Hide Contact Image: By default, contact images/placeholders are visible on the contact profile. If you do not store contact images or would like to conserve the viewable space on the profile, you can choose to hide the contact image field by selecting Hide Contact Image. View or Watch Quick Video
- (6) Compress Toolbar: By default, large buttons are used on contact profiles. To conserve space, you can choose to view compressed buttons by selecting Compress Toolbar. Please note that if the toolbar is compressed, button label text may become hidden if your screen size becomes too small. View or Watch Quick Video
The various options apply to the three contact lists (Customer, Unit, and Address) and product list, which allow you to set the different color options (or disable them if you choose), display compressed toolbars, and use filter slide outs.
- (1) Font: By default, the font type used is Microsoft Sans Serif, the size is 12 px, and the font-weight is Regular. You can change the type, size, and weight of the contact lists and the product list, inventory orders, and To Do List in the calendar.
- (2) Compress Toolbar: By default, toolbars are expanded. If Compress Toolbar is enabled, all toolbars, except for the main toolbar, will be compressed. Please note that if the toolbar is compressed, button label text may become hidden if the screen size becomes too small.
- (3) Use filter slide outs: By default, Use filter slide outs is enabled; if unchecked, all filters will be located as a button on each list.
- (4): Various colors will be applied to the contact lists (Customer, Address, & Unit Lists) if Enable Color Coding is enabled.
- (1) Alerts: Alerts are visual reminders that allow you to continue with your task, whereas a message box requires you to acknowledge the message before continuing. You can change the location and how long alerts appear using the Alert Location and Visible Duration fields. View
- (2) Notifications: By default, notifications will be displayed when opening a contact profile or creating an invoice during the contact's Birthday Month, Anniversary Month, or if they have an upcoming Auto Delivery within the specified timeframe. View
- (3) Additional Color Coding: Various other colors will be applied throughout the application if Enable Color Coding is enabled.
Skins allow you to change the overall look of Boulevard. Themes are similar to skins but include additional changes to buttons, menus, and backgrounds. Boulevard uses the Visual Studio 2013 Blue skin by default. To change, select from any of the options listed in the Skins section or select a Theme.