The options under the Details tab of the invoice control all aspects of payments, invoice totals, and account balance information.
This section allows you to categorize the type of discount being applied and if applying a discount to the entire invoice, rather than to individual items.
- (1) Discount Type: Pick one of the options in this list to identify the type of discount being applied to the whole invoice (Default is set to Standard). Click the button to add, edit, or delete a custom discount type.
If the invoice Sale type is set to Business Supplies, the Expense Category field will also be displayed. After selecting a category from the drop-down, an entry will automatically be added to expenses. See Handle Demos, Donations, or Expired/Product Loss for more information.
If you have Boulevard apply a discount during their birthday month, the percent amount will be applied to the entire invoice and the discount type will be set to Birthday/Anniversary automatically.
- (2) Percent: Select this option to apply a percentage discount to the entire invoice total. If the contact has a default discount saved on their profile the percentage will appear automatically in this field.
- (3) Flat Amount: Select this option to apply a flat dollar discount to the entire invoice total. Flat amounts cannot be combined with percent discounts.
- (4) Credit Card: Enter the amount to be charged to a credit card. Click to enter the invoice total into this field. Boulevard tracks unprocessed credit card charges in the Credit Receivables form (Credit cards are not immediately processed from the invoice form).
- (5) Memo: If the payment was by credit card, any information added will be displayed in the Memo field under the Account & Invoice tab of the profile and Credit Receivables.
- (6) On Account: This read-only field contains the invoice total less any amount entered in either the Cash/Check, Credit Card, or Gift Certificate fields. Any amount remaining in this field indicates an unpaid or credit on the account and the customer will be color-coded red or green respectively.
- (7) Cash/Check: Enter the cash or check amount you received from the customer. Click to enter the invoice total into this field.
- (8) Check Number: If the customer is paying by check, enter the check number in this field.
- (9) Gift Certificate: If a gift certificate is being redeemed as the form of payment, enter the entire gift certificate amount. If the gift certificate exceeds the invoice total, the profile will reflect an account credit. If the gift certificate is less than the invoice total, additional forms of payment can be used (cash/check or credit card), or the profile will reflect an account balance.
- (10) Subtotal: Displays the subtotal of all invoice items, prior to any discounts given.
- (11) Discount: Displays the discount amount applied to the invoice.
- (12) Reward Discount: If rewards are being redeemed this field will display the reward amount applied to the invoice.
- (13) Tax: Displays the sales tax amount applied to the invoice. By default, tax is calculated based on the rate entered in the Sales Tax field in Preferences after discounts have been applied. Alternatively, a different sales tax rate can be stored and used on invoices for individual contact profiles. Override the tax rate applied to the invoice by clicking next to the Tax field and change the rate or select By Flat Amount. Additional options include Tax before discounts and Calculate tax on shipping.
- (14) Shipping: The shipping amount is added directly to the invoice total but is not used when computing the sales tax amount unless specified. The income from this field is added to the Dovetail/Other field on the Weekly Accomplishment Sheet.
- (15) Total: Displays the total amount of the invoice.