Specific settings for a contact such as a default discount, sales tax rate, invoice ship to address, and other various options can be set from their contact profile.
Updated Feature for Boulevard 2023 released on August 8, 2022!
Set a Default Discount
- From the profile toolbar, click on Utilities then Settings.
- Under the Discount section, add the desired discount percent amount in the Discount field.
- From the drop-down list, choose a Discount Type, or click ... to add new or edit an existing type.
- Click OK to accept and close the form.
- If prompted, click Yes to save the profile.
Other Profile Settings
- Invoice Followup: A system-generated calendar entry is created for customer follow up (in days) after the customer is invoiced if different than what is set in Preferences: Invoice tab.
- Email Invoice: Select an option to email invoices if different than what is set in Preferences: Invoice tab (an email address needs to be stored in the Email 1 field on profile).
- Sales Tax: Set a custom sales tax rate that is different than what is set in Preferences: Business Info tab.
- Tax Shipping: Specifies whether tax is calculated on shipping if different than what is set in Preferences: Invoice tab.
- Default: Choose the type of discount given to the customer. The default is Standard. Other default types include Personal Use / Own Use*, Native Indian*, Hostess Credit, Birthday/Anniversary, or Business Supplies. The default types cannot be deleted, however, additional types can be created.
Enter a discount percent that will be applied when invoiced (this amount can be overwritten on the invoice).
- Birthday: Select Use Preferences to automatically apply a discount during their birthday month that is set in Preferences: Invoice tab; or specify a different percentage.
* Applies to the Canadian version only.
- Favored Customer: This can be set if the contact is a favored customer. The Favored setting can be filtered from the Contact List.
- Potential Consultant: This can be set if the contact is a potential consultant. The Potential Consultant can be filtered from the Customer List.
- Uses Basic Skin Care: This can be set if the customer regularly uses one of the basic skincare lines. The Uses Basic Skin Care can be filtered from the Customer List.
- Exclude From Dashboard: Set this option to not include this customer in the dashboard's Top Customers listing (typically used for personal use and business supplies profiles).