- Your email settings must be set in Windows as well as in your Boulevard Preferences (Edit menu > Preferences) before proceeding with the instructions below.
- The group email feature is not intended to be used in sending more than 50 email messages at a time. For larger campaigns, we recommend that you use a specialized email marketing service.
From the Shortcuts form, click Group Email (or from the Business Tools menu, select Mailings, then Group Email).
(Use this option if you use a desktop email app such as Outlook, Windows Live Mail, etc.)
Use Create Message if you have selected to Link Your Email Program Inside Boulevard to launch your email program and create a message (or messages) addressed to the selected email addresses.
- Using Your Online Email Address Within Boulevard (This option will launch Boulevard's internal email feature.)
- Use Desktop Email App Inside Boulevard (This option will launch the desktop email app specified under your Windows Control Panel.)
(Use this option if you use an online email outside of Boulevard such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc.)
Use Copy Addresses if you use a web-based email such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com, etc. and do not want to send the email through Boulevard. This will copy the selected email addresses to the Windows clipboard. Open a new email message, and paste by clicking Ctrl + V in either the TO or BCC field.
Filters & Options
Please Note: Depending on which list you choose and if you are using a desktop email app or using your online email address to have Boulevard send the email internally, some of the options and filters will not be applicable. If needed, contact us for more information for your specific situation.
- Everyone (All Lists):
- All contacts are included (Use this option when filtering with a Name List created in the List Builder.)
- Only contacts from the Customer list are included.
- Only consultants from the Unit list are included.
- Only contacts from the Address list are included.
Select which email address you want to use for the list chosen.
- Customer or Consultant
- Adoptee Director
Specify a sub-grouping for the email, by selecting a filter from the drop-down list.
- (Default option) When selected, all contacts from the list selected under Which List will be included.
- Last Name:
- Only includes the contacts with a specified last name.
- Only includes the contacts with a specified city.
- Mark by City:
- Select cities individually to only include contacts living within the specified cities.
- Only includes the contacts that live within a specified state.
- Only includes the contacts that live within a specified zip/postal code or range.
- Only includes the contacts whose birthday falls within the specified date range.
- Only includes the contacts whose anniversary falls within the specified date range.
- Spouse Birthday:
- Only includes the contacts' spouse whose birthday falls within the specified date range.
- Ordered Between:
- Only includes the contacts who placed an order within a defined date range.
- Name List:
- Only includes the contacts from the specified Name List created from List Builders.
Select the next to the additional groups to include.
- Include Inactive Customers
- Include Adoptees
- Include International Consultants
Send using blind carbon copy:
You can protect your customers privacy by selecting this check box which hides the names and email addresses from other recipients receiving the email.
Please Note: Some email programs do not support using the BCC option, or certain Internet Service Providers (ISPs) may block messages sent with the BCC option used.
Send in groups of [XX] people:
Please Note: Only applicable when using the Create Message button along with using your Windows desktop email app.
Choose this option to break up your recipient list into smaller groups. This option creates multiple email messages with the number of recipients of each email message limited to the number you enter in the box (i.e., if your group contains 50 names and you set the group number to 10, Boulevard would create 5 emails, each with ten names).