Group email messages can be initiated throughout Boulevard from the various lists, or from the Group Email form following the steps below.
- Your email settings must be set under the Online Sync tab in Preferences (and in the Default apps in Windows if you use a desktop email client) before proceeding with the instructions below.
- The group email feature is not intended to be used in sending more than 50 email messages at a time; doing so could result in your recipient's internet service provider blocking your email address. For larger campaigns, we recommend that you use a specialized email marketing service.
- Be sure that your email signature includes your contact information, including a physical mailing address in order to comply with anti-spam laws such as the CAN-SPAM Act (US) and CRTC (Canada) when sending a promotional email.
From the Business Tools menu, select Mailings, then Group Email (or from the Reports - Tools group on the main toolbar click Mailings, then Group Email).
After selecting the options under Which List, Using Email Address and Filter, click Create Message . Depending on your email option set in Preferences one of the following functions will occur:
Use this option if you use a web-based email such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com, etc., and do not want to use Boulevard's internal email feature.
After selecting the options under Which List, Using Email Address and Filters, click Copy Addresses . This will copy the selected email addresses to the Windows clipboard. Open a new message from your email provider, and paste into the TO or BCC field by clicking + .
Filters & Options
- Everyone (All Lists): All contacts are included (Use this option when filtering with a Name List created in the List Builder.)
- Customer: Only contacts from the Customer list are included.
- Unit: Only consultants from the Unit list are included.
- Address: Only contacts from the Address list are included.
Note: Depending on which list you choose and if you are using a desktop email app or using your online email address to have Boulevard send the email internally, some of the options and filters will not be applicable.
Specify a sub-grouping for the email, by selecting a filter from the drop-down list.
- All: (Default option) When selected, all contacts from the list selected under Which List will be included.
- Last Name: Only includes the contacts with a specified last name.
- City: Only includes the contacts with a specified city.
- Mark by City: Select cities individually to only include contacts living within the specified cities.
- State/Province: Only includes the contacts that live within a specified state.
- Zip/Postcode: Only includes the contacts that live within a specified zip/postal code or range.
- Birthday: Only includes the contacts whose birthday falls within the specified date range.
- Anniversary: Only includes the contacts whose anniversary falls within the specified date range.
- Partner Birthday: Only includes the contacts' spouse whose birthday falls within the specified date range.
- Ordered Between: Only includes the contacts who placed an order within a defined date range.
- Name List: Only includes the contacts from the specified Name List created from List Builders.
Select the checkbox next to the additional groups to include.
- Include Inactive Customers
- Include Adoptees
- Include International Consultants
The following options are only applicable when using the Create Message button along with using your Windows desktop email app.
You can protect your customers' privacy by selecting the Send using blind carbon copy checkbox which hides the names and email addresses of other recipients receiving the email.
Some email programs do not support using the BCC option, or certain Internet Service Providers (ISPs) may block messages when sent using the BCC field.
Choose the Send in groups of option to break up your recipient list into smaller groups. This option creates multiple email messages with the number of recipients of each email message limited to the number you enter in the box (i.e., if your group contains 50 names and you set the group number to 10, Boulevard will launch 5 email messages, with 10 names each).