An Unrecognized Database Format error or other similar errors usually occur when a backup file did not restore properly or if a Windows update has been installed and unexpectedly closes Boulevard during the process.
Follow the options below to restore a current backup. If you receive the error again that indicates there is an issue with the backup file as well. You'll want to follow the steps to restore a different backup file. If you do not have a current backup file or continue to receive the error, please contact us.
Updated Feature for Boulevard 2023 releasing August 8, 2022!
This option can only be used if you have Boulevard 2023 or higher installed.
If you receive the following message, click OK then restore a current Boulevard backup file.
Use this option if you do not have Boulevard 2023 or higher installed or are not prompted to restore a backup when you receive the error in Boulevard.
Step 1: Show hidden files and folders
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Show hidden files and then select it from the search results. View
- From the Settings window that appears, under File Explorer, click Show Settings. View
- From the View tab under Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- Uncheck Hide extensions for known file types, then click OK to save. View
Step 2: Locate the Corrupted Data File & Rename
- In the search box on the taskbar, type File Explorer, and then select it from the search results.
- In File Explorer, navigate to the folder where your Boulevard data file is located, C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Blvd.
- Inside the Blvd folder, right-click on BLVD.MDB and rename it to OLDBLVD.MDB.
- Navigate to your Documents folder, and if a BLVD.MDB is found, right-click and rename it to OLDBLVD.MDB.
- Minimize or close File Explorer.
Step 3: Restore a New Backup
- Attempt to open Boulevard using your normal shortcut (it should open blank).
- Proceed with Restoring a new backup.
See Boulevard Default Data & Backup File Location to locate a current backup if you back up using the default location when exiting Boulevard. If you back up to Google Drive, see Download Files from Your Google Drive.