If you have registered with the Canada Revenue Agency and have a Business Number, Boulevard's Return for Registrants worksheet can be used to obtain the necessary information for your net tax credit. The gross sales figures and other expense and income transactions are tracked and then calculated on the worksheet. If you are unsure if you are required to submit this form, please consult with a tax adviser in your province regarding your tax liability.
In order for Boulevard to correctly calculate the worksheet, the following must be done first:
- Enter your Business Number in Boulevard, either in the GST/HST Return for Registrants form or in the Tax tab of Preferences (from the Edit menu, select Preferences, then the Tax tab).
- Assign the correct deduction percentages to your expense and income categories in the Expense Categories form.
- Add expense and income transactions in Expenses
Completing the GST/HST Return for Registrants Worksheet:
- On the Business Tools menu, select GST/HST Return for Registrants.
- In the Reporting Period date fields, enter the starting and ending dates for the return.
- Line 101 displays gross sales and other revenues for the period taken from these sources:
- All gross sales totals from all sales columns from the Weekly Accomplishment Sheet form
- All income transactions entered in the Expense form
- If necessary, enter the total amount of adjustments to be added to the net tax in line 104.
- Based on Mary Kay's recommendation and the way they handle the taxes for you, line 103 is always zero.
- Line 105 calculates GST/HST and adjustments for the period.
- Line 106 shows GST from expense transactions, taking into account the deductible percentages of each expense category.
- If necessary, enter the total deduction adjustments on line 107.
- Boulevard then calculates total ITCs and adjustments on line 108 and shows your net tax refund or amount due on line 109.
Once you have input all adjustments and Boulevard has calculated totals based on your information, you need to transfer it to the official government form and complete any additional worksheet items that apply to your business.
To print the GST/HST Return for Registrants worksheet from the File menu, select Print.