Specific settings for a contact, such as a default discount, sales tax rate, invoice ship to address, and other various options, can be set from their contact profile.
Set a Default Discount
- From the profile toolbar, in the Utilities group, click Settings.
- Under the Discounts section, add or remove the discount percent amount from the Discount field.
- From the drop-down list, choose a Discount Type, or click ... to add a new or edit an existing type.
- Click OK to accept and close the form.
- If prompted, click Yes to save the profile.
Standard: Choose the type of discount given to the customer. The default is Use Preferences, which is Standard. Other default types include Personal Use/Own Use*, Native Indian*, Hostess Credit, Birthday/Anniversary, or Business Supplies. The default types cannot be deleted; however, additional types can be created. Enter a discount percent that will be applied when invoiced (this amount can be overwritten on the invoice). * Applies to the Canadian version only.
Other Profile Settings:
- Invoice Followup: A system-generated calendar entry is created for customer follow up (in days) after the customer is invoiced if different than what is set in Preferences: Invoice tab.
- Email Invoice: Select an option to email invoices if different than what is set in Preferences: Invoice tab (an email address needs to be stored in the Email 1 field on the profile).
- Sales Tax: Set a custom sales tax rate that is different than what is set in Preferences: Business Info tab (or the Tax tab for the Canadian version).
- Tax Shipping: Specifies whether tax is calculated on shipping if different than what is set in Preferences: Invoice tab (or the Tax tab for the Canadian version).
- Default: Select the checkbox to use an invoice shipping address as default. Specify the shipping address in the textbox if different from the address stored on the Main tab of their profile.
- Delivery Distance: Set the delivery distance when creating an entry in the Trip Log or if added from the Shipping/Delivery tab on an invoice.
- Favored Customer: This can be set if the contact is a favored customer. The Favored setting can be filtered from the Customer List.
- Potential Consultant: This can be set if the contact is a potential consultant. The Potential Consultant can be filtered from the Customer List.
- Uses Basic Skin Care: This can be set if the customer regularly uses one of the basic skincare lines. The Uses Basic Skin Care can be filtered from the Customer List.
- Exclude From Dashboard: Set this option to not include this customer in the dashboard's Top Customer List (typically used for personal use and business supplies profiles).